Wednesday 4 February 2015

Inspiration



When racking my brains for how I want to portray Miss Havisham I did some research and came across Gareth Pugh an English Fashion Designer who's work really captured my eye when I came across his Autumn/Winter 2013 Runway show. The show features ghost like model's with a gothic like set, runway and lighting. The fireplace and chandelier also add to the Gothic mood with large doorways and cold hard floors for the runway. The model's eyes seem to be very sunken with what looks like a purple shade and the hair disheveled falling onto the face. This is similar to how I envisioned creating Miss Havisham. Gareth Pugh has captured the Victorian era and experimented with a gothic theme with the use of whites, greys and black fabrics, I love how the model's skin and eyes make them appear spirit like the hair on the face made me think of Miss Havisham and how she wants to hide away from the world and also might show her to be a bit self conscious. At the start of the show a white dress is shown with what looks like branches growing up from the hem. I immediately thought of the white wedding dress that Miss Havisham would have worn and how old and damaged it would be, branches or moss could be something that I could add to my Miss Havisham design.

Here is a facechart I've been working on to plan my Miss Havisham design, it still needs developing but I've been working on the skin to get the right colours and contours.


I also tried out my design on myself to see how the colours worked on skin and what I could adapt. 


I wanted to make the lips look quite dry and dehydrated but from what I've learnt today I've decided to use duo glue to create the dryness on the lip and then add colour to make them appear to be peeling. The brows I'm going to make a lot more wild and grey but brushed up and away from the eye in a randomness as Miss Havisham surely didn't have them threaded in all that time at Satis House! Very slight wrinkles are going to be added also and I'll create a new facechart showing my changes as well as practice! 



No comments:

Post a Comment