Monday 4 May 2015

Project Evaluation

Whilst designing my Miss Havisham and Estella I found the most difficult part was thinking of how I could create several different designs for each character. My Miss Havisham final design idea was inspired by the BBC's interpretation of Great Expectations and I wanted her to be portrayed as mysterious, beautiful and bitter. As my partner was Toby, I modeled for his design and I found a model from outside of class to be my Miss Havisham. I found that I had to work with longer hair than expected, this worked in my favour in the end as I was able to create my desired hair design and have her long curls cascading down her back. Recreating this look for the second time proved quite challenging as i had to ensure that the curls were placed and pinned the same and the make-up didn't differ in any way. At first I felt a bit of pressure but I felt that my designing and practicing served me well when recreating it again. When thinking about my vision of Estella, I pictured her married and unhappy but still grasping onto her beauty so my facechart featured a bruised face on one side and a natural innocent make-up on the other. I chose a model with shorter hair as that's how I pictured her and pulled the hair up into a small bun and pinned the curls to create the illusion of thicker hair. When it came to working to the brief, I had to keep reminding myself to read through to check that I was doing all that I should, but the brief helped alot in the end as I was able to be clear with what had to be done. 


The creation of my Claudia and Quentin designs required me to be more imaginative with my designs and ideas as I had to create a story line that fit in with my chosen series American Horror Story- Coven. I thoroughly enjoyed this part of the unit as we had free reign to be as creative as we wanted, I would however have liked to have had slightly longer on this project so we could develop these ideas further. Again as with our other units and projects this project has pushed me in terms of my organisational skills, timing and also technical skills as well and I have learnt new skills because of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment