Wednesday 4 March 2015

Estella


I decided to make my Estella design for when she had married, we see in the film that Estella's husband is domestically violent towards her and I wanted to show that and test my skills at creating realistic bruising on the face.

I had a practice at creating this look on my model Hannah yesterday.





I wanted to keep Estella's beauty visible and also to show her vanity and that even after she's been violently abused she still has to look her best and impress people. The Bruising was created using my Kryolan bruise wheel and I used quite natural subtle make-up on my model with pink rosey cheeks using my Kryolan blusher palette, Mac Studio sculpt foundation with Mac studio fix under the eyes in NW10. The eyeshadow palette I used was my Mac Cool 15 palette and I used a cool shade in 'cosy grey' all over the lid with 'blackberry' pushed into the crease. On the lips I used my Kryolan lip palette in a natural pink.

The model's hair is quite short so I decided to put it up into an 1830's styled updo leaving the front out and curled and curling the back into a half up half down ponytail similar to what I designed for Miss Havisham but slightly different as I took all of the hair up into the messy shape to give the illusion of longer thicker hair. The front pieces of hair sat quite nicely around the front of the face as my model had different layers so it added a nice curled shape at the top of the head. 
I'll use these pictures from my practice to recreate the look and possibly look more into bruising to create some realistic shapes and possibly some small cuts also.

My other two hair designs for Estella




My second and third design incorporate a large wrapped plait pinned quite flat on the back of the head one with loose curls and one without with the front sections scooped back into the bun at the back. 
The gibson girl bun at the top is a late Victorian hair design but I wanted to create something different for a different spin on Miss Havisham!

No comments:

Post a Comment