Friday 20 March 2015

Fashion Inspired - John Galliano 2010 S/S by Pat McGrath

Inspired by Pat McGrath's creation in 2010 for John Galliano, in class I recreated this look with a few minor tweeks but feel as if I captured a true likeness to this look. 
John Galliano wanted the faces to look like an old trip to hollywood with dramatic signatures such as curled lashes and pencil thin brows which was my favourite thing to recreate! The models were styled with feathers, pearls, laces and colour sprayed flowers. One of my favourite looks was a look shown in the picture below where the model appears to be wearing a wig cap with gold sparkly tape to hold it in place. They all represent an older time in glamorous hollywood that we can only see through classic film and photographs and I feel that Galliano and Pat Mcgrath did this era justice.  


 This was my chosen look and I made a few changes, for example instead of using silver I used gold in the corners of the eyes and on the cupid's bow. The colour on the eyes was taken up to the brow but not as dark and that's something I would have liked to have done looking back at the photos now.


This look has given me inspiration in the creating of my 'Claudia' character for my new project, 
I plan on creating something very similar as one of my Claudia designs. In my mind Claudia likes to see herself as a doll-like girl but similar to this Pat McGrath look shows a sadness and vulnerability. 
As she loves horror I plan on making her look a little more theatrical and over the top. 
My next design will be an adaptation of this design as Claudia likes to change her appearance regularly for dramatic effect.  


No comments:

Post a Comment